ALTIHUT - 2 DAY TOUR
Meet the Guide at the beginning of the Trail, Gergeti, elevation 2200 masl. Short briefing and instructions, start of hike Trail to Altihut takes approximately 3,4 hours, it is over 5 km distance from the starting point and vertical 800 meter elevation. Acclimatization in Altihut, rest & Lunch Free time, enjoying the views, music local delicatessens. In case of interest, short tour to the Glacier (aprox. 3,200 masl) Dinner in the “Restaurant on 3000 meters” Sweet dreams (in the comfortable, organic woolen matrasses, specially created by IDPs from Tskhinvali region).
Champions Breakfast 1 Pre tour Briefing and instructions from the Guide; Equipment check and manual on how to use. Start the trail in the direction of the Glacier. Glacier walk (crevasses, Ortsveri ice face, etc.) tour duration aprox. 4 hours Return to Altihut, rest and lunch Trek back to Gergeti village together with the Guide. You may choose alternative way back to village Arsha, passing by abandoned villages of Toti and Gyboten, with incredible views.
- English Speaking Mountain Guide
- 3 course meal
- Overnight stay in Altihut
- All amenities of Altihut (AltiLibrary, board games, music, etc)
- Music and incredible views and guaranteed memories to fuel Peace of Mind
Points of interest:
- Mkinvartsveri Pick (Mountain Kazbegi) - 5,054 MASL
- Gergeti Glacier - 3,200 - 4,100 MASL
- Kuro Gorge - 4,200 MASL
- Ortsveri Pick - 4,222 MASL
- Panoramic view on Chaukhi Massives - 3,870 MASL
- River Chkheri
- Arsha gorge: village Arsha, abandoned villages Toti, Gyboten (Alternative tracking route from Altihut)